WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2018 Sign Invitational

With this year's Sign Invitational now behind us our thoughts are already turning to next year's event. It will be hosted once again in MultiCam's booth at the ISA EXPO in Las Vegas. The dates for the show are March 22-24, 2018. This means all who wish to enter have only eleven months to go. If you wish to enter please contact me at dan@imaginationcorporation.com or jdawson@synergysign.com

The theme for next year is 'MARVELOUS MACHINE' which allows for LOTS of creativity. The build envelope is 2' wide by 2' deep by six feet tall. You are allowed to put your name on the entry if you wish but no other company's identification.

I of course got right to work while we were still at the show. Each year the pieces get a little more elaborate so it is critical that I pulled out all of the stops. Much of my piece is still under wraps or not yet figured out but the general idea is pretty solid...  Being a most marvellous machine, it will need to run of course. And without a doubt I have a few more surprises up my sleeve of course. This is going to be one of the most challenging and fun pieces I have tackled. Stay tuned for ongoing progress developments...