WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Endless arches

Peter and I are off to Florida for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions EXPO on Saturday to man our booth during the event. We will be gone for an entire week. In our absence we wanted to make sure the crew had plenty to do and that we did. Over the last couple of weeks we applied and sculpted the fibreglass reinforced concrete to fourteen arches, as well as numerous posts and beams. The crew's task is to paint all of these pieces in our absence.

Today, we put the newly sculpted pieces (done yesterday) onto their mobile racks and pulled all of the previously done pieces into the shop. It filled the shop space entirely with a little bit of walking room to spare. We then dared the crew to finish before we returned. The challenge is on!