WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dino permanent installation

We fabricated the raptor skeleton with the help of EnRoute and our new plasma cutter from MultiCam a while back. The permanent placement had to wait for good weather.

With the return of summer lately we are getting started on finishing a little more landscaping around the yard. A few weeks ago we prepped the ground and rolled out some turf. It sure cleaned things up in a hurry. Once the grass was down we could do a final install on the dinosaur sign. The rust patina has really evened out over the winter months and it is looking pretty fine! I'll cut in a flower bed around it in a week or two when it is time to plant the annuals. Will it encourage the look-loos to make an appointment before coming on our property? I doubt it but it does finish off the area beside the driveway very nicely.