WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sign lettering

The sign lettering was routed in three pieces... the face, routed from 2" thick 30 lb Precision Board, the middle (which houses the structure) routed from 1" thick material, and the back which is routed from 3/4" thick material. The sign face was routed in two passes, the first as a rough pass with a 3/8" ball nose bit. The final pass was using a 1/8" ball nose.


I welded up the frame to fit inside, with the four legs sticking out of the back and then glued everything up.


A little bit of hand work on the edges and to clean up the glue lines and this piece will be ready for paint. Stay tuned...

-dan