WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last of the window bucks installed

Often many small routed pieces for a much larger assembly. Our house project is no exception... and will be in fact one of the largest routing projects we have done to date. While many decorative pieces are in design the window bucks were the first such pieces. Even these bucks were made up of many pieces. We used almost 80 sheets of plywood for these alone. Designing them in EnRoute was quick. And the MultiCam cut the pieces as fast as I could load and unload the machine.

Today was an exciting day as we 'flew' the pieces into place. My friend John Wishlow brought his crane to our project and lifted the heavy pieces into place. Two 13 foot windows, one on the front and one in the rear of the house were lifted and fit into place.




The house is quickly taking shape! Stay tuned for more...

-dan