WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Substancial completion

Today we spent our last official day at the Fox and Hounds Pub. There are still bits of work to be done and some artwork to hang, but from now on it will be quick trips and without a crew to help me. It felt a bit like the end of summer camp as a kid. I was always glad to go home but I also knew it was the end of a special time with wonderful new friends.
The project has been a great one... and it turned out cool. Pictures don't do it justice, it's much better to see it in person. Enjoying the ambiance while enjoying a wonderful meal with good friends or family would be even better.
As always I didn't do the project alone. Janis did all the behind the scenes work in the office as per usual. My crew was all part timers on this project. In order of time on the job they were Sarah, Hailey, Annie, Becky, Rebecca, Peter, and Sabrina. All worked hard and added greatly to the artwork. The Harold's Contracting crew along with the many sub trades also helped us a great deal, providing us with what we needed when we needed it. A special thankyou to Colin, the site superintendant for his unfailing good humor - no matter how pressured or busy he was. A great deal of credit also deserved by the owners of the Fox and Hounds - Debbie and Jeff paul. They were a great source of inspiration and at the same time gave us enormous freedom to do what we love to do. The staff of the Fox and Hounds were also great to work with. in spite of us creating enormous amounts of dust, noise and other annoying disturbances. We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious meals provided by the kitchen staff every day. The Fox and Hounds regulars cheered us on through it all as well. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and experience.
Here's a few of the pictures that show just a teeny bit of what went into the project over the last six months...