WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Friday, November 25, 2011

here and there.

As the final painting is done we jump from project to project finishing various bits as the contractor and electrician signs off on each area. The progress continues to be a bit haphazard but definite progress is made on a daily basis.

Today I painted the lettering on the beam in the kitchen. Before the restaurant opened I jumped up on the counter and did the work while the cooks were busy behind me. By the time the lettering was done I was starting to get more than a little hungry after enjoying the aromas of the wonderful things being cooked behind me.

Across the hall way the owners and their staff were busy arranging the furniture in the new dining room. Although now done it will remain closed to the public until a final occupancy permit is granted - a formality at this point.


Many of the current guests, who have not frequented the pub since renovations were begun are now coming back once more. They are amazed at the imaginative work that has been done. It is heart warming to hear the many favorable comments from the patrons. 

We also finished sculpting the grape vine that winds around the brick archway onto the pub. I'll be posting pictures of he finished project very soon. Stay tuned...

-dan