WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The calm before the storm...

It feels a bit like Christmas eve. Instead of stockings we hung the name plaques carefully, set up the tables and chairs, and laid out the treasures for our soon to arrive guests. In the kitchen they have been busy, baking treats and planning the feasts which are soon to be enjoyed.


In the studio, everything is ready and waiting, the chairs arranged and everything dusted and cleaned.


With 18 eager students soon to arrive it took a lot of preparation to get everything ready. The sample pieces are cut and ready, the paint it mixed, all the supplies and tools we need were checked and checked again.


We even re-arranged the shop to best make use of every square inch. By tomorrow afternoon this place will be bustling. The chips will fly, paint will be brushed, sculpting epoxy formed into some amazing creations.


I can hardly wait...

-dan