WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Awards and honors

They say most awards won't even buy a cup of coffee. This is true. But just the same it is always cool when our company is recognized by our peers. The awards do raise our credibility with our potential customers. The awards also look nice on our walls. This year seems to be overflowing with honors.


Our sextant piece (the first project of last year) was recently awarded Best of Show and Winner - Unique Signs by Signs Canada - a Canadian national competition. The Stand-alone Signs Category in that same contest garnered a first place win with our True North Sub Stop Sign. it was also featured on the cover of  Signs Canada Magazine.



In the international arena we have fared even better of late. I recently received word that we won in the Portfolio Awards Competition put on by Sign and Digital Graphics. Best of Show - True North Sub Shop.


And in the 2011 world wide competition by Signs of the Times our projects garnered three awards...  First Place Commercial Sign Systems - MultiCam Western Canada,   Second Place Commercial Monument Signs - Dhillon Farms,   and Third Place - Commercial Building Signs - Shmyer's Harbor.


-dan