WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Room now fossilized

We are still awaiting the glass top for the desk and coffee table but today I put up the wall eye candy. The flat fossils are understated and low key - perfect for an office setting. Rebecca painted them to look like they had been discovered in different places and were composed of different kinds of rock. With the varied textures built into the routing files it is very believable.






As a group they work together nicely, balanced on the other side of the room by the Triceratops skull. The LED lights underneath highlight the lettering in a subtle way especially with the lights on in the room.


The big overstuffed leather furniture pieces compliments the decor nicely. All that is left now is the desk and coffee table which will be moved into place next week.


After this all that is left are the room way finding signs...

-dan