WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Last pieces off the router.

I never tire of watching our CNC router magically turn blank Precision Board into a work of art. Whenever my dad visits he goes straight to the router room and watches it too. He's never owned a computer and simply can't comprehend how the machine knows where to go. It's just magic!


The CNC was busy today turning out the last of the pieces for the excavator sign. As soon as the router moved on to the last piece I pulled the first sign face off the table and fastened it to the base. It looked pretty cool - just as I imagined it would. The hydraulic cylinders and hoses have yet to be fashioned and the pile of gravel will yet get some detail but the sign is coming along nicely. It's hand work from here on in.


I'll post more pictures of our progress when I get back to the project after I return from the EnRoute workshop in Denver.

-dan