WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Endless rivets

Now we are down to the slower part of the project. All the big stuff is in and secure. The wainscoting is installed and the trim is in place. Even the pen holder is fastened where it belongs. 


Now it is on to the little bits. I've been measuring and installing rivets for what seems like a long time. Each is machined from 30 lb Precision Board. The MultiCam will be busy today making the last 150 pieces we need. About the time I am gluing on the 300th rivet I start to question the sanity of the design I have created. But then I step back and realize how important those little bits are and how much they add to the project collectively. 

I have sketched out the signs I will need to yet make and the decorative pieces are all planned out in my head. The door overlay ideas are ready to be designed and then routed, ready as soon as the doors are hung next week. The finished details of the room will be wrapped in plastic once more this afternoon as the trusses are sprayed with fire resistant flocking. (delayed from last week). 

Then it will be a race to the finish doing our best to get the painting done before the flooring guys start in on their task. I can hardly wait to move the giant board room table in to place as the crowing touch! 

In the meantime we will shift gears and keep busy finishing all the pieces for the other rooms we are doing for this project...

-dan