WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Saturday, July 24, 2010

MultiCam board room mockup

I finished the woodwork on the boardroom table this morning. Now it is time to begin the finishing process, the part I find the most fun! I'll sculpt some barnacles and a couple of starfish onto the large base to add interest for those who look close. Everything will be visible through a plexiglass centerpiece on the table.
As a reward for my hard work on the table top I decided to mock the room up and see how everything fit. This meant a shop clean and organize as things are always tight when a big project is underway. The top of the heavy, 'cast metal' arches are still imaginary until I can confirm measurements onsite next week. But even with all the missing pieces it is exciting to see things coming together. This will be a boardroom like none other!
This afternoon I'll start in on the finishes for the table including some barnacles and starfish on the heavy tube under the table. Those who take the time to look close will be rewarded. The best is yet to come on this project.
Stay tuned...
-dan