WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Carving up the Precision Board like crazy!

As the next Sign Magic Workshop quickly approaches I'm keeping the MutliCam very, very busy and creating plenty id PRecision Board dust in the router room. I've been busy creating some cool sample files in EnRoute which are being routed from Precision Board. The small dimensional pieces which the students will work on are now all ready and laid out. The six name plaques are almost finished being painted. Other projects which we will be doing in the workshop are currently being routed as I type.
It's hard to believe that in a little more than a week we'll be busy learning to create similar routing files, we be priming, painting, glazing and gilding. Metal will be welded, Precision Board carved... cement will be sculpted and a whole lot more fun will be had.
I have to keep busy for there is much to do yet... a few more samples to prepare... shop to be tidied, tables set up... grass to be cut... notes to review one more time...
The countdown has begun in Yarrow.
-dan