WELCOME!

It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one of these machines - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Along with the CNC router I discovered the wonderful material called Precision Board and the glues, primers and other companion products they offer. Since then we have gone through many tons of the material using it in most signs and projects we tackle. This journal will chronicle our many adventures both past, present and future. I'll talk from the perspective of someone who pushes these products to the creative limit on a daily basis. I'll be adding to the stories two or three times each week. -dan

Friday, April 16, 2010

BLING!

Once the sign was finished I immediately moved it outside into the bright sunshine to photograph. The 23K gold leaf letters absolutely sparkled in an incredible fashion. In spite of being small in relation to the total sign they instantly became the focal point. The natural light played on the textured surfaces of the sign, the shadows adding even more dimension.
The little red plane, complete with pilot roared through the center in dramatic fashion. The sign will be a great centerpiece in our trade show display. The back of the sign is just as fun, detailed and interesting. In this view you can better see the sturdy steel rod that holds the plane firmly in place.
The sign another great example of how Precision Board helped us craft a sign that would have taken many times longer than with any other material. It was easy to work with both by hand and machine. Even though it was largely made by a state of the art, automated machine it still looks very much hand crafted. I look forward to having it as the centerpiece in our upcoming trade show. I have no doubt it will grab everyone's eye.
I could now cross one more project off my list. No worry though, I have plenty more of these type imaginative and fun projects still waiting...
-dan